Monday, January 3, 2011

Dare 12: Love Lets Them Start Fresh

And after a long reprieve... here we are again!   Hopefully I didn't lose you along the way.  Things got a little crazy around Thanksgiving with my husband and I moving to a new home and then being without internet for what seemed like forever! 

I know many of you started back with kiddos today... our district is lucky enough to have a work day the first day back after break, so I was able to make copies and set my lesson plans in place today.  I'm so very thankful to be able to ease back into the groove of things. Breaks always seem to spoil me a little too much :) 

I think I'm going to have to start getting a little creative with our dares.  The further you get into the book, the "deeper" the kind of love it talks about.  

So, my dare to you this week is to let your kids start fresh.  Part of the work day today included going over all my kid's grades from last semester and double checking them before I imported them for grade cards.  Browsing through some of their grades, I found myself getting frustrated all over again at their lack of effort.  It made me dread tomorrow.  And then, I sat through a meeting where we discussed our repeat offenders for lunch detentions.  (Let me tell you, I was really looking forward to tomorrow after that one.) 
I could feel my negativity welling up and realized that I needed to cut it out!  So I told myself that I was going to make tomorrow be a good day just by having a good attitude.  I'm going to let my students start fresh in my book. Those repeat offenders deserve grace just as much as the others.  So, my goal will be practicing grace and helping my students feel like they can start fresh and move forward.  I'm excited!  I just know that some of those kids are going to jump at the chance of a clean slate.  

No comments:

Post a Comment